Are there tutorials?
- Of course, check the Documentation section below.
The .zip doesn’t install in Blender
- Please un-zip the archive and install the .py script.
How do I activate an addon?
- Use this 20 sec guide – https://youtu.be/wOv4oHO5Kqg
How many shape keys can I have on a model?
- You can have as many as your computer would allow you (performance wise). During testing the addon slowed down at around 1000 shape keys. Most of that slowness was only related to moving the shape keys up and down, and changing folders, not in regards to the rest of Blender.
I have v2 of the addon, will I lose my previous folder structures?
- You shouldn’t lose anything. But even if something goes wrong, reverting to v2 of the addon would bring your structure back.
How can I get more control over my shape keys?
- Apart from putting them in organized folders, you can merge and split them with Master Shape Keys, which also contains this addon in its full version – https://inletzone.com/master-shape-keys-2/
Will this addon work on another computer?
- So long as the computer has the addon and the same Blender version, the Collections will work.
Add a new shape key or remove the active shape key or folder. If you remove an open folder, its children will become a child of the folder the now-removed folder was a child of (they will step down in the hierarchy). If you remove a closed folder, the folder and anything inside of it will be removed
Rearrange the order of shape keys or folders. An item may not be moved outside of a folder it belongs to, or into a folder it doesn’t belong to
Creates a ‘Folder’ object inside the list of shape keys, which can have shape keys or other folders put into them to create a structured hierarchy
Open and close the folder. Closing a folder hides everything inside of it, for a more tidy UI
When a shape key is selected, this works exactly the same as New Shape Key from Mix. When a folder is selected, this will duplicate the folder and any folders or shape keys inside of it
Track Applied Keys
When Applying or Saving modifiers as shape keys, Track Applied Keys must first be enabled, or the new shape keys will not be added. First, enable tracking and the UI will be greyed out. Second, Save or Apply whatever modifiers you wish. Third, disable Tracking and the new shape keys will appear
Opens or closes all folders in the object’s shape key list
The name of the shape key (like in default Blender) or folder. You are safe to rename folders at any time, even if it has things inside it
The folder, or ‘parent’ of the active shape key or folder. Items that belong to a folder are bound to stay within that folder, and will move with the folder if the folder is moved around.
The value of the shape key (like in default Blender).